21 March 2013

Visa so hard

Getting my visa is proving painful... or rather perhaps I should just learn to read instructions properly.

It's not that it is hard... Just frustrating.

So today, I ran around getting a 'digital' photograph of myself to the required specifications for my Visa. Nobody did actual digital ones so I headed to Aus Post & just got passport pics done then scanned them.

I thought that was the last part I had to complete for my Visa and I was well under way to getting it back in good time before I left for Hawaii. Was pretty amped to be honest and relieved to have it gone.

You see for a NZ police check you just have to sign a release form. What I didn't realise however was that as I had lived in Australia over 6 months I had to get an Australian one also. And theirs takes up to 15 working days. 3 weeks! That's three weeks too long. (Insert smart quip about Aussie's not being as efficient as Kiwi's here.)

Now I will potentially be in Hawaii, about to leave for Vancouver, before I even get my Visa... cutting it fine alright! That's if the police check takes the 3 weeks and the visa takes 8 weeks... any longer on either side and there is the possibility I could be stuck in Hawaii...

Could be worse!!

Stuck here.. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment