29 December 2012

Samui, we're here!

After 14hours of flying and almost the same waiting we finally made it to Koh Samui!

Of course, at 4pm our room wasn't made up so we had to wait around for 20mins but that's okay when you can lie at the beach!

Our room is very cute. Almost like a little hut! We are a taxi ride from the main part of Chewang beach but that's okay. It only cost about $3!

So the first thing I did was get a massage! Not quite the relaxing experience I had hoped.. She pushed and prodded me for an hour. I'm sure I feel better for it today however.

We then met up with my girlfriend and her mate who are staying in central Chewang at Ark Bar. The place is pumping! Bars, pool bars, people everywhere. I wish we had stayed there - it's cheaper too.

Dinner was delish and just what I wanted as I was feeling a little delicate.. Pad See Ew, or fried noodles with lots of lime. So cheap too with two cocktails it was about $13AUD. We continued on at the bar on the beach, watching the fireworks display and the lanterns floating up out above the ocean. Beautiful.

Then everything gets a but messy - the fire throwers come out, fire eaters and eventually the fire skipping rope! Wasted people, usually men, try and jump the flaming rope, always unsuccessfully. Great entertainment for us watching but they must wake up pretty sore in the morning!

Losing the girls saw us end up at  Green Mango, a pretty big open air club with the music pumping. We had a dance then decided it was time for McDonalds then home. So happy to find I could haves cheeseburger and bottle of water as per usual but this time consumed in a tuk tuk!

Great night. And with that I'm off to jump in the pool as I look like I have already been swimming!













No comments:

Post a Comment